Teacher in Charge: Mr R. MishraPre-requisites
Y12 TSP or Y12 RMT or Y12 BCP and gained 14 or more achievement standard credits or approval by the HOD.
Technology Skills Pathway course uses resistant materials (mainly wood and metal) that requires students to implement procedures and tests to make specified products.
This course is designed predominantly wood. This helps with its properties that enable it to function as a product. Skills like measuring/marking out, manipulation, joining and finishing techniques are encompassed around hands on activities that lead into a project. The students are introduced to cabinetry jigs, terminology and best practice methods. They are then required to implement their plan and production method to manufacture the units and assess against quality that meets the highest standards.
This course covers:
● Workshop Safety, Personal Safety, Material Handling and Safety.
● Use of Hand and portable power tools to construct a functional resistant material product.
● Planning and producing a set number of items for multi-unit manufacturing.
● Constructing a furniture carcass using supplied working drawings.
● Make traditional drawers with runners (no metal slides)
● Fix hardware like hinges, handles, locks.
Materials Fee $140